SITTING DOWN TO PRACTICE

Give and receive input on technique, or just share your interest in various music styles and how you are working towards those!

SITTING DOWN TO PRACTICE

Postby DONNA on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:14 am

KIM, I KNOW YOU ARE VERY BUSY, BUT IF I MAY ASK I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU SITTING DOWN LIKE I HAVE TO IN MY WHEEL CHAIR AND MAKE A SHORT TAPE USING THE ALL LIZARDS, HP TWINKLE , A AND D MAJOR SCALES THEN THE 5 RYTHM'S , I THINK THIS WOULD HELP ME A LOT TO SEE YOU SITTING WHILE PLAYING LIKE I HAVE TO DO/ IF YOU CAN DO THIS FOR ME, IT WOULD MEAN ALOT. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS DONNA
DONNA

Re: SITTING DOWN TO PRACTICE

Postby Kim on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:34 pm

Very good, Barry! I'm so happy to see you helping out, and you did a very good job I thought. Playing in a chair with arms is very difficult and awkward, and not recommended for most people, though Donna has no choice. I think you gave her some useful tips and helped me out as well. Good for you!
"Bach gave us God's Word. Mozart gave us God's laughter.
Beethoven gave us God's fire. God gave us music that we
might pray without words."
-Author Unknown-
Kim

Postby DONNA on Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:05 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH BARRY, YES YOUR VIDEO DID HELP ME, I CAN TILT TO THE SIDE JUST A LITTLE TO PLAY LIKE YOU DID, THATS HOW I DO IT. IN THE LESSON TEN OR ELEVEN, KIM WORKED ON THE ELBOW MOTIONS, AND THAT WAS HARD FOR ME TO SIT STRAIGHT UP IN MY CHAIR, I WANT SO MUCH NOT TO LET MY CONDITION GET IN MY WAY, BUT KIM I NEED TO TELL YOU AND I HOPE THIS IS OK -- I NEED TO STAY ON 7-8-9 BEFORE I GO TO TEN. I THOUGHT I WAS READY BUT I AM NOT. I AM WORKING TODAY AND TOMORROW ON THOSE AND I WILL GO TO TEN ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY. OK.

BARRY IT WAS SO NICE OF YOU TO TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE ME THAT TAPE, I HAVE YOU ON MY FAVORITES ON U TUBE, SO I CAN WATCH YOU ALOT. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW AND OTHERS, I HAVE SEVERE FIBORMALAGIA, WITH SEVERE BACK SURGERY, AND I ALSO HAVE TO TAKE 120MG A DAY OF OXYCOTIN. THAT IS ALOT OF MEDS FOR ONE TO TAKE PLUS SOMA'S AND LORATAB 10. THOSE 3 MEDS ARE JUST TO HANDLE MY PAIN. ALL TOGETHER I TAKE 13 DIFFERENT MEDS. I AM DETERMINE TO COMPLETE MY GOAL OF PLAYING THE VIOLIN, WITH GOD'S HELP AND ALL OF YOU GREAT PEOPLE WITH VIOLIN STARS,AND AGAIN THANK YOU BARRY, YOU WERE SO HELPFUL !!! :D

I WANT TO BE AN INSPIRATION TO OTHERS AND TO HELP IN ANY WAY THAT I CAN.
DONNA

Postby PlumSweetUSA on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:27 am

Hi Donna, I have the same conditions as you do & the meds like Oxycontin too. The all over fibro is called poly-myalgia. I have burcitis in my right shoulder too so I know what pain is & how difficult it is to play for very long at a time. I pray a lot & rest regularly or when I feel I'm going to drop the violin, ha ha ha. Just pace yourself & God bless you for trying to play the violin. I know we can do it. You go girl! God bless all of us who are struggling as beginners & thank you for the more experienced musicians, & Kim for helping us. In high school I played sitting down in the orchestra so it hasn't occurred to me this isn't a good position,(I can't stand up for more than a minute or two now anyway) but if your chair has arms it will be a little bit different. Do the arms of your wheelchair fold down? Some do. I've learned a lot tonite here. Thanks you guys.
PlumSweetUSA

Postby Baodindae on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:01 am

I would like to see this a lot.
Baodindae

Postby Sportcer on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:44 am

It is a very good forum. I think the same as you.
Sportcer

Return to Technique